Neo4j 5 suffers from severe performance regression issues. Until further notice, please use Neo4j 4.4.13
- Download the macOS version of neo4j Community Edition Server from https://neo4j.com/download-center/#community. Do not install from brew.
- Unzip the neo4j folder.
- In a macOS terminal, change directories to the neo4j folder.
- Change to the bin directory, then type:
$ ./neo4j console
This will start neo4j as a console application. You should eventually see “Remote interface available at http://localhost:7474/”
- Open a web browser and navigate to http://localhost:7474/. You should see the neo4j web console.
- Authenticate to neo4j in the web console with username neo4j, password neo4j. You’ll be prompted to change this password.
Download the BloodHound GUI¶
- Download the latest version of the BloodHound GUI from https://github.com/BloodHoundAD/BloodHound/releases
- Unzip the folder and double click BloodHound
- Authenticate with the credentials you set up for neo4j
Alternative: Build the BloodHound GUI¶
- Install NodeJS from https://nodejs.org/en/download/
- Install electron-packager
$ npm install --location=global electron-packager
- Clone the BloodHound GitHub repo:
$ git clone https://github.com/BloodHoundAD/BloodHound
- From the root BloodHound directory, run npm install
$ npm install
Build BloodHound with npm run build:linux:
$ npm run build